WHEN: September 3 – October 31, 2013, Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: RCC Our Texas (2337 Bissonnet Houston, TX 77005)
Our Russian Souvenirs Bazaar will give you the opportunity to add a little ‘piece’ of Russia to your home. Stop by the Russian Cultural Center to view and purchase pieces from our exhibition of traditional Russian handicrafts and souvenirs, such as:
- hand-painted Orthodox wood icons painted by artist Lyudmila Babaeva
- “Matryoshka” nesting dolls in many colors, styles, and sizes
- traditional paper-mache lacquer boxes, intricately painted with scenes from Russian fairy tales
- paintings and sculptures of Russian artists in the U.S. and Russia
- wooden toys carved using centuries-old techniques
- porcelain and china from the Imperial Lomonosov factory in St. Petersburg
- a large variety of blue and white “gzhel” pottery, kitchenware, and figurines (Gzhel is a famous style of Russian pottery dating back from the 18th century)
- large hand-carved and painted Russian Santa Clauses, or “Father Frost”
- wooden figurines and cookware painted in the famous Khokloma style (painted with red, gold, and black paints and dating back to the 17th century)
And much more!
For more information please call 713.395.3301 or e-mail OurTexasInc@gmail.com